Course Code: QXP01
This Introduction to QuarkXPress provides a comprehensive introduction to this powerful software-based publishing tool.QuarkXPress enables users to produce layouts for flyers, posters, booklets and advertising.The course will introduce you to page layout concepts and at the end of the day you will feel confident managing spreads and pages, adding graphical and text elements and formatting to achieve the results you want.You’ll also learn about the different aspects that you need to consider when preparing to print or publish as well as exporting your work to a variety of formats.The course is ideal for QuarkXPress beginners or those self-taught users who would like to formalise their knowledge for inclusion on their CV.
Completing this Introduction to Quark Xpress course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Produce professional documents and layouts for print and web
- Create spreads from scratch
- Edit existing documents
- Format text
- Set up and define colours
- Understand professional design considerations
- Create single and multi-page QuarkXPress documents
- Design professional page layouts
- Prepare documents for commercial print
- Export QuarkXPress files to PDF and other formats
- Design a magazine cover
- Overview of QuarkXPress
- Introduction to projects and layouts
- Creating, saving and naming a project
- Single and multiple layouts
- Setting page sizes and margins
- Defining columns and gutters
- Page numbering
- Using guides
- Adding content
- Working with colour
- Drawing items
- Copy, cut, paste, select all
- Duplicating, grouping and ungrouping, locking and unlocking items
- Adding text elements
- Creating text boxes and adding text
- Changing fonts and font sizes
- Overflowing text, linking and unlinking text boxes and controlling text flow
- Importing, resizing and cropping images
- Creating and resizing picture boxes
- Special effects, transparency and drop shadows
- Introduction to Master Pages
- Printing and publishing
- Export to other formats (pdf etc)
This course is ideal for beginners. No existing knowledge of the software is required; just basic PC or Mac skills. If you already have a fairly good understanding of QuarkXPress, why not attend one of Platform’s other QuarkXPress courses? We offer an advanced QuarkXPress course as well as one-to-one training.
We run classroom based courses at our London studios. We also offer this course in live online format for you to participate remotely. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that you will receive the same engaging, interactive training. Private training is also available.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live online. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book private, bespoke training
We offer this course in a range of private and fully bespoke formats including: one-to-one training, private groups and on-site at your premises. Contact us with your requirements.
If you have any questions about our beginners level QuarkXPress course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible – or call us on 0203 3974567.