Course Code: QXP03
This Advanced QuarkXPress course is the ideal follow up to our Introduction to QuarkXPress course. It’s also a great option for self-taught QuarkXPress users who may have been using the application for a while, but would like to learn the tips and tricks that will really help them speed up their workflow and enhance the quality of their output.By the end of this course, you’ll have learnt how to use advanced tools such as Book Panel, Linkster and Line Check. You’ll be able to create and apply conditional styles. Plus, you’ll know exactly how to optimise your print preparations to get the results you want from your print jobs.
Completing this Advanced QuarkXPress course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Enhance your QuarkXPress skills
- Produce professional quality documents for print or web
- Create and use stylesheets with confidence
- Gain advanced tips for editing images and text
- Use the Line Check tool
- Improve your use of clipping paths and runarounds
- Work with Book Panel
- Optimise print results through the preparation of your documents
- Working with multiple Masters
- Controlling sections in long documents
- Advanced page numbering
- Controlling text flow across multiple pages
- Using Linkster
- Importing text from other sources
- Advanced tips for working with images
- Clipping paths
- Special effects
- Creating and working with a table of contents in Quark Xpress
- Working with Book Panel
- Working across multiple chapters
- Adding and deleting chapters
- Advanced Typography
- Kerning and tracking
- Baseline grid
- Leading: automatic, incremental, absolute
- Using Line Check
- Advanced Paragraph and character styles
- Mapping styles across multiple documents
- Using styles in the Workflow
- Style sheet options
- Create and apply a conditional style
- Automatically apply conditional styles
- Style conventions
- Colour separation
- Digital print considerations
- Optimal print preparation
- Special print effects and how to manage them in Quark Xpress
This course is suitable for those who already use QuarkXPress. A an intermediate level knowledge of the software is required. If you are new to the application or only have very basic skills you may want to consider our introductory level QuarkXPress course. Or perhaps one-to-one training would be more appropriate for you?
We run classroom based courses at our London studios. We also offer this course in live online format for you to participate remotely. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that you will receive the same engaging, interactive training. Private training is also available.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live and online using Zoom. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book private, bespoke training
We offer this course in a range of private and fully bespoke formats including: one-to-one training, private groups and on-site at your premises. Contact us with your requirements.
If you have any questions about our advanced level QuarkXPress course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible – or call us on 0203 3974567.
Return to QuarkXPress courses View booking policy
Be the first to leave a review.