Course Code: HAC04
This course is free for eligible Hackney residents. Learn how to create and manage websites with WordPress. Our two-day course will enable you to build your own self-hosted WordPress Site. WordPress started as the world’s favourite blogging platform, but is now commonly used as a flexible content management system on which to build highly functional websites. This practical WordPress course will enable you to build your own Word Press website from scratch. View course dates and booking form.
Completing this WordPress course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Become confident using WordPress for professional or personal use
- Achieve a working knowledge of WordPress as a Content Management System
- Know your way around the WordPress interface
- Understand WordPress’ features and capabilities
- Build a user-friendly and easily maintained website
- Confidently customise the Theme and visual elements
- Add functional elements with Plug-ins and Widgets
- WordPress interface and dashboard
- Configuring General Settings
- Adding Users and assigning Roles
- Previewing and installing Themes
- Understanding the difference between Pages and Posts
- Creating / using Post Categories
- Using the built-in Page Builder to design pages with text and media
- Previewing, publishing and page revisions
- Creating and editing menus
- Understanding the Media Library
- Working with Theme Customiser
- Adding Widgets to Sidebar / Footer
- Selecting and installing Plug-ins
This course is provided free of charge to Hackney residents who have UK/EU citizenship and were aged 19 or older on 31/08/2023. To enrol you will need to have a Hackney address. The course runs on 2 days - one day a week for 2 weeks.
A deposit of £16.67 +VAT is required to book. The full deposit amount is refundable on course completion.To complete the course you must attend on both days and complete the enrolment form and any other requested GLA funding related forms.
Places are booked on a first come first served basis. We are operating a stand by / waiting list in case courses are fully booked. This course is suitable for anyone with basic PC or Mac skills who wishes to learn how to create a website with WordPress. If English is not your first language you should have a good level of English in order to participate.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.
If you have any questions about our introductory WordPress course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible.