Course Code: HAC01
This course is free for eligible Hackney residents. Platform Training is an Adobe Authorised Training Centre. Our practical Introduction to Adobe course provides a comprehensive introduction to the three primary applications: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and explores how they work together. This course will enable learners to use these key applications effectively to develop a professional workflow. Includes 60 days free access to Adobe Creative Cloud software.View course dates and booking form.
Completing this Adobe course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Understand differences between image file types and when to use them
- Understand the concepts of non-destructive image editing
- Understand professional design considerations
- Create single and multi-page InDesign documents
- Create effective page layouts
- Prepare documents for commercial print
- Understand core concepts of vector graphics
- Create professional design elements
- Export designs for web and print
- Photoshop Files and formats
- Image input and output
- Colour theory
- Photoshop Palette management and Screen real estate
- Photoshop navigation shortcuts
- Photoshop Selections
- Correcting an Image
- Working with Photoshop Layers
- Masks and Channels
- The InDesign Environment
- Managing and Formatting Text
- Colour Management
- Preflight and Packaging
- Core Illustrator Concepts
- Creating Illustrator Documents
- Drawing in Illustrator
- Colours in Illustrator
- Text copy in Illustrator
- Creating Acrobat PDF Files
This course is provided free of charge to Hackney residents who have UK/EU citizenship and were aged 19 or older on 31/08/2023. To enrol you will need to have a Hackney address. The course runs on 2 days - one day a week for 2 weeks.
A deposit of £16.67 +VAT is required to book. The full deposit is refundable on completion of the course. To complete the course you must attend on both days and complete the enrolment form and any other requested GLA funding related forms.
Places are booked on a first come first served basis. We are operating a stand by / waiting list in case courses are fully booked. No prior knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications is required: only basic PC or Mac skills. If English is not your first language you should have a good level of English in order to participate.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.
If you have any questions about our introductory level Adobe course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible.