Course Code: APS01
Our one day introductory Photoshop course will enable you to make full use of the key image editing capabilities of the application. Delivered as a live online, interactive course and also in-person at our London studios. Through the day your Adobe certified instructor will introduce you to the most important Photoshop tools and explain the key concepts of non-destructive digital image editing. You will learn how to crop, resize and format images correctly for use in print, web and through social media channels. You will also learn how to apply text to images and how to perform subtle adjustments to colour and tone. View course dates and booking form.
Completing this Adobe Photoshop course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Understand differences between image file types and when to use them
- Understand the concepts of non-destructive image editing
- Confidently work with multiple Photoshop layers
- Re-size, crop and export images
- Format and optimise images for web & social media use
- Produce banner ads for web advertising
- Create special effects using filters
- Add text to your images
- Perform substantial image corrections and enhancements
- File sizes and file formats
- Image input and output
- Colour theory
- Introduction to the Toolbar
- Palette management & Screen real estate
- History Palette & Undoing Actions
- Navigation shortcuts
- Working with Selections
- Enhancing or correcting an Image
- Painting and Retouching Images
- Adding type to an image
- Working with Layers
- Masks and Channels
- Applying Effects Using a Gradient Mask
- Creating special effects with filters
- Web graphics
This course is ideal for beginners. No existing knowledge of the software is required; just basic PC or Mac skills. If you already have a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop, why not attend one of Platform’s other Photoshop courses? We also offer intermediate and advanced courses as well as one-to-one training.
We run classroom based courses at our London studios. We also offer this course in live online format for you to participate remotely. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that you will receive the same engaging, interactive training. Private training is also available.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live online. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book private, bespoke training
We offer this course in a range of private and fully bespoke formats including: one-to-one training, private groups and on-site at your premises. Contact us with your requirements..
If you have any questions about our introductory level Photoshop course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible – or call us on 0203 3974567.